Mathemic is a two-year collaboration project between five European organizations, to promote mathematical thinking by developing, implementing, and disseminating open educational tools adequate to the digital age.
- Example of a hands-on workshop with algebraic surfaces in a German school
The participatnts on this project are Mathema (Slovenia), Bragi Vizualne Komunikacije (Slovenia), Curvilinea Società Cooperativa (Italy), Atractor (Portugal), and IMAGINARY (Germany). The project is funded by the Erasmus+ program of the European Union.
The project aims to reinforce the connection between formal and non-formal learning of mathematics, by developing Open Educational Resources that can be used either by educators, or directly by the young learners with the help of the parents.
Mathemic will produce four outputs:
- A booklet on the Innovative Mathemic Program, describing the fundamentals of the project.
- A repository for educators.
- A repository for young learners.
- A handbook for educators.
More information on the project page of the Erasmus+ portal.