IMAGINARY in Africa
How to participate
Please contact us if you plan to conduct a project in a country or region in Africa or if you have experiences or ideas to strengthen mathematics and science communication in Africa and also link it internationally.
IMAGINARY’s presence in the African continent, with links to each individual event.
IMAGINARY has been active in the African continent since 2014 in collaboration with UNESCO, the African Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) and the Next Einstein Initiative. Our presence has included trainings in mathematics communication and our exhibitions, IMAGINARY and MPE. We have been present in more than 10 countries and participated in the Next Einstein Forum Global Gatherings in Dakar in 2016 and Kigali in 2018.
Here you can find a list of the different projects that we’ve been part of:
- March 12, 2014 - IMAGINARY in cooperation with AIMS at π-Day in Dar Es Salaam
- October 13, 2014 - AIMS-IMAGINARY at Africa STI Forum 2014
- November 5, 2014 - AIMS-IMAGINARY / Maths Communication in Africa
- July 5, 2015 - UNESCO, MPE and IMAGINARY organize open source exhibitions in Africa
- November 2, 2015 - AIMS-IMAGINARY - Maths and Science Exhibition and Workshop
- March 8, 2016 - NEF 2016 Senegal
- March, 13, 2017 - Mathématiques et langages
- April 17, 2017 - IMAGINARY at Science Village in Kinshasa
- June 26, 2017 - Teacher Training and Exhibition in Liberia
- July 24, 2017 - IMAGINARY at The university of Cape Verde
- October 3, 2017 - Symposium on the role of science museums in the Arab world.
- October 31, 2017 - Science Spaces Workshop in Kigali
- March 14, 2018 - Pi-day celebration in Kigali
- March 21, 2018 - NEF-IMAGINARY Science Roadshow
- March 26, 2018 - HOLO-MATH at the Next Einstein Forum 2018