After the Creative Input in January, ideas for new creations will be submitted to the competition and presented to the jury at the Creative Output event on March 24, 2017. Winners of the competition receive one of the grants adding up to a maximum of 3738 EUR total for realization of their creative work, which will be exhibited in May.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email@example.com.
(Für Deutsch hier klicken: https://imaginary.org/de/project/math-creations) We are calling students of the Art and Design fields as well as independent Artists and Designers to participate in the Math Creations contest for Art, Design and Mathematics. The goal of the contest is new creative ideas based on mathematical concepts and their realization. It is organized by the special research fields “Discretization in Geometry and Dynamics” and “Raum - Zeit - Materie. Analytische und Geometrische Strukturen” in collaboration with IMAGINARY.
The project consists of three events, all being staged in Berlin:
January 27, 2017, 6 pm at Technische Universität Berlin (MA004)
Inspiration for contest ideas during an evening of discussion with the following speakers of the two special research fields:
Alexander Bobenko, Matthias Staudacher, Gero Friesecke, Thomas Klose, Thilo Rörig, and Christian Bär
-> Find all slides and additional material here.
Here are videos of the talks:
In case video playback is not supported in your browser please click here.
March 24, 2017, 6 pm at spektrum art&science communityParticipating teams present their ideas. The jury chooses the most promising math art projects to receive a grant.
May 5, 2017, 6 pm at spektrum art&science communityThe results of the productive phase are presented and exhibited.
A professional film crew, directed by film-maker Ekaterina Eremenko (Colors of Math 2012, Discrete Charme of Geometry 2015) will record the events as well as the realization process of the winning projects. A feature film will be produced to be screened internationally, starring all winners and their Math Creations.
- Christoph Gengnagel, Professor and Director of the Institute for Architecture and Urban Development, UdK Berlin
- Udo Walz, Hairdresser, Coiffeur Udo Walz
- Florence von Gerkan, Professor for costume, UdK Berlin
- Joanna Hofmann, Professor, University of Arts in Poznan, Director of Art & Science Node Berlin
- Almut Grüntuch-Ernst and Armand Grüntuch, Architects, Grüntuch Ernst Architekten BDA
- Jochen Brüning, Professor for Mathematics, HU Berlin
- Christina Bylow, Author, Journalist, i. a. for Vogue, Berliner Zeitung